Engine dry weight is approximately 315 lbs., including alternator and starter.
Additional weight-reducing innovations:
- Assembly - Approximately 80 lbs. for most installations
- Smaller cowling
Fully installed engine is anticipated to weigh equal to or less than engines being replaced.
Horsepower (hp) Sizes/Options
Turbocharged and Supercharged
Fuel Consumption – 180 hp
- Idle: Less than 0.3 gallons per hour
- 65% Power: 6.2 gallons per hour
- 75% Power: 8.0 gallons per hour
- Initial Testing: 35-40% increased fuel economy when compared to other competing gasoline engines.
- Jet-A, Jet A-I
- Diesel fuel
Uses commercially available AeroShell Oil Diesel Ultra 5W-30.
Time Between Overhaul (TBO)
Requesting FAA “on condition” rating for overhauls.
Performing extra testing before release to achieve high initial TBO's.
Maintenance & Service Program (MSP)
Includes a fixed cost-per-hour for overhauls, plus service.
Over 1,200 Total Engine Hours Accumulated:
- Experienced frequent “zero hour restarts” due to development and production transition and in working with various components.
- Conversely, rods and crankshafts have individually tested in the hundreds of hours.