Under the direction of our Director of Engineering, the CAD Designer is responsible for providing support and service to the engineering department by generating mechanical designs and drawings for engine and installation parts and assemblies with minimal direction from engineers. The Designer is also responsible for the organization and maintenance of engineering drawings. In addition, the Designer will provide illustration support for parts and assemblies to the Technical Publications Department for incorporation into technical documents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Performance of other duties as assigned.
- Design and edit parts and assemblies from 3D CAD models developed by engineers.
- Applies correct datum structures, GD&T, and inspection criteria to produce parts that meet engineering specifications yet are real-world “manufacturable” at least cost.
- Experience with and understands machining procedures, capabilities, fixtures and tooling.
- Create drawings including layout and detailing of parts and assemblies using SolidWorks
- Maintain engineering documentation including storing and cataloging of drawings in accordance with change and drawing control procedures.
- Create and maintain technical documentation including bill of materials, maintenance specs, etc. per applicable procedures
- Produce line art of parts and assemblies for technical publications from 3D CAD models
- Participates in project team meetings
- Performs other job related duties assigned
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in CAD Design or engineering.
- Proficiency with Solidworks or similar 3D CAD modeling program.
- 5+ years 3D CAD experience.
- High level of GD&T knowledge, preferably with engine parts.
- Experience with machining.
This position is a professional engineering support position.
If interested or to learn more, please send your resume to Lisa Fiorita at firstname.lastname@example.org