Under the direction of the Technical Publications Manager, this position is responsible for the development of numerous technical documents used for the installation, operation, maintenance, repair and overhaul of DeltaHawk’s aviation engines and installation packages. The documents must be written for the targeted audience, whether Owner, Operator, Installer, or Maintenance personnel, and also comply with applicable Federal Aviation Administration standards and regulations. This position will work closely with engineers, technicians, and FAA personnel to assure that timely and accurate documents are produced and maintained.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain technical aviation documentation, to include installation, operation, maintenance, repair and overhaul manuals, parts catalogs, training documentation, and support manuals, as required.
- Technical writing duties include researching, documenting, and developing detailed procedures to include operating, maintenance, troubleshooting, fault isolation, checklists, technical specifications, field alert bulletins, training materials, and other procedures and reports to FAA requirements.
- Ability to create illustrations and images to support written content.
- Develop and review technical documents for content, accuracy, and format.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office Suite, Solidworks Composer, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, oXygen XML Editor, and other applications, including interactive manuals and desktop publishing.
- Support multi-language translation of manuals.
- Ability to comprehend source material in the form of engineering drawings, software description documents, test plans, design specifications/documentation, as well as discussions with engineers, pilots, technicians, and military/civilian customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience, or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate a comprehensive technical understanding of aviation and/or engine technology, and technical writing/editing/illustration principles, theories, standards and concepts.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the development of technical manuals and documentation and strong working knowledge of computer-based tools in the production of technical documentation.
- Must possess:
- Excellent English language writing skills
- The ability to grasp complex concepts quickly
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Strong organization skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately analyze, document and report
- High attention to detail
- High level of accuracy in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style consistency in documentation development
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational and time-management/priority-setting skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with emphasis on flexibility in adapting to changes as a result of refinements
- Building trust and respect though open communication with internal/external personnel/contacts
- Strong knowledge of computer operations and applications
- Cross-disciplined; experience with mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience with aircraft manufacturing company.
- Experience with the DITA-OT and the development of output styles.
- Expertise with on-line web-based documentation systems.
This position is a professional documentation position, yet combined with occasional “hands-on”, assisting technicians working through documentation related to engines and aircraft installations.