Last Updated: June 5, 2023
2. The Interactions this Policy Covers
Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, “personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. “Personal information” does not include information which is generally not considered “personal information” under applicable law or is otherwise exempted under applicable law, such as information which is publicly available or subject to special data privacy laws and/or regulations, or information not otherwise considered “personal information” under applicable law.
3. Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about you as a result of your use of the Site and as a result of your communication with us. This information may include:
- Various categories of personal information, such as:
- Identifiers, including your name, address, email address, phone number, and other similar identifiers.
- Location information, to the extent it can be derived from your IP address.
- Financial information, such as credit card information.
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, race, education, and other similar categories.
- Professional or employment information, such as your work history.
- Inferences drawn from any of the above.
- Any other personal information that you upload or share to or on the Site, or which you otherwise provide directly to us.
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information which has been de-identified or aggregated in a manner where it can no longer be used to identify you.
- Information about your internet connection and the equipment you use to access the Site; IP address, approximate location, and other unique device identifiers; your activity on the Site; and other usage details collected through your use of the Site.
- Any other information, including personal information, which you disclose or share.
4. How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically when you use or access the Site; or
- From third parties.
A. Information We Collect Directly
The personal information we collect directly from you when you use or access the Site includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site or that we otherwise provide to you. This includes information provided at the time of reserving a production slot or issuing an order commitment for your engine and engine package, requesting further information, or reporting a problem with the Site.
- Information you provide to us in a resume, application, email, or other communication in connection with an application for or other inquiry regarding employment with us.
- Your voluntary responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Records and copies of your communications when you contact us.
B. Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information, including:
- Usage details. When you access and use the Site, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Site, including traffic data, approximate location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Site.
- Device information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, and mobile network information.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not, in and of itself, include personal information, but we may maintain it or may associate it with other personal or business information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties, at which point it could become personal information. This information helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns and recognize you when you return to the Site.
We may also utilize third party companies and analytics to help us market, sell, and provide information about our products and services. We may use web analytics tools provided by service providers, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, which is a third-party service that transmits website traffic data to Google services in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We may use reports provided by Google Analytics and similar service providers to help us understand traffic on the Services. For more information, concerning Google Analytics and how it collects and processes data, please see “How Google Uses Data When You Use Our Partners Web Sites or Apps,” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. We may use the information provided by these tools to improve our services and our online advertisements. These tools place session and persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit, access, or use the Services. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider (e.g., Google Analytics).
C. From Third Parties
We may also receive personal information or draw inferences about you from other sources, including, without limitation, service providers who collect or process information on our behalf. We generally require these service providers to use your personal information only as we direct and in a manner consistent with this Policy.
5. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To provide you with the Site, all related content, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To reserve your prioritized production slot or issuing an order commitment for your engine and engine package and to contact you regarding your reservation and your engine and engine package.
- To deliver your engine and engine package.
- To communicate with you and to process your requests.
- To market to you and notify you of changes or additions to any products or services we offer.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Site, as well as our products, services, databases, and other technology assets.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- For testing, research, analysis, and development, including to understand our audience, develop and improve the Site and the Company.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and, as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate, negotiate, or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, or the negotiation thereof, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users and customers is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, advisors, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, such as our third-party payment processor.
- To an actual or prospective buyer or other successor in the event of an actual or proposed merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may use or disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
7. Privacy Choices
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us for promotions, you can opt-out by unsubscribing from any emails you receive from us. Additionally, you can also always opt-out by contacting us as provided in Section 11 (How to Contact Us).
- Accessing and Updating Your Information. To update your information (such as name or email address), please contact us as provided in Section 11 (How to Contact Us).
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website, https://thenai.org/opt-out. Similarly, you can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) on the DAA’s website, https://www.privacyrights.info.
We implement various physical, administrative, and technical safeguards in accordance with industry standards to protect the security of your personal information both online and offline. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
9. Children’s Privacy
The Site is not directed to nor intended for use by anyone under 18 years old (a “Child” or “Children”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from Children. Children are not authorized to use the Site. If you are a Child, please do not provide any personal information to, on, or through the Site. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a Child, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a Child, please contact us as provided in Section 11 (How to Contact Us).
10. Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to review and revise this Policy from time to time, without prior notice, subject to applicable legal requirements to provide you prior notice or obtain your consent. The date this Policy was last reviewed and/or revised is noted at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting the Site and this Policy to check for any changes. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
11. How to Contact Us
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, you may contact us:
- Via mail at 2300 South Street, Racine, WI 53404
- Via phone at 262-583-4500
Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Notice for Nevada Residents
This Section 12 applies exclusively to visitors and users of the Site who reside in the state of Nevada. Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Nevada residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out right may email us at [EMAIL]. Please include “Nevada” in your email subject line and include the following information in your email: (i) your name, (ii) Nevada resident address, and (iii) email address. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.The Whole Story Return to News Return to Events